The Middle East imported 30,000 tons of PMMA polymer in 2015, and 25,000 tons of PMMA sheet.
Trade indicates trends in global demand. Increased trade volume generally indicates growth in demand; decreased trade volume indicates contraction. Continue reading
Demand drives global trade. ITP projects increased global trade volume in 2014 versus 2013 for numerous products, indicating increased demand. Continue reading
Qatar exports huge volumes of EDC, VCM, polyethylene and methanol. Qatar also imports numerous polymers and chemicals. Continue reading
An increase in the amount of material being traded globally generally indicates an increase in demand. ITP currently projects global trade volume to be up 4% to 10% in 2014 from 2013 for a number of heavily traded polymers and chemicals. Continue reading
Nearly 140,000 tons of PMMA polymer were traded globally in the first quarter of 2014, up 17% from the prior year’s first quarter. Continue reading
Versus the prior year, global trade volume through June 2013 was down 10% for PMMA polymer, and down 1% for sheet. Lower imports into China of both materials were factors. Continue reading
Because of the importance of PMMA in numerous end use applications, ITP has launched a new publication that provides comprehensive monthly coverage of PMMA polymer and sheet trade flows between countries and regions. The publication is based on detailed trade statistics from over 50 countries and captures nearly all of the world’s trade.
The first issue was published in September and covers trade through June 2012. Some of the trends visible in the first issue were:
1. The volume of PMMA polymer traded worldwide through June was 282,000 tons, down 2% from the same period last year. The volume of PMMA sheet traded was 258,000 tons, down 14%.
2. Eastern Europe was the world’s highest volume importing region for PMMA; North America, Western Europe and Eastern Europe were the leading importers of sheet.
3. China was the world’s top importing country for polymer, 112,746 tons, up 2%, and also for sheet, 48,800 tons, down 40%.
4. Asia-Pacific exports of PMMA polymer to Western Europe have nearly doubled year to date.
5. Asia-Pacific exports of PMMA sheet year to date have increased to Eastern Europe, North America, and, with the highest percentage gains, Latin America and the Middle East.